PURPOSE: To describe the procedure for appeals and to ensure that the appellant’s complaint is dealt with in the most effective manner.
ADMINISTRATION OF APPEALS
- In the event of an applicant, Certified Company or any interested party, wishing to contest any decision of VRC International, he shall, within 14 days after having been officially informed of such a decision, give notice in writing to VRC International of his desire to appeal against the decision. The receipt of the appeal is acknowledged by CEO and the applicant is informed of the progress made and the out come. VRC International is responsible for all decisions at all levels of the appeals-handling process.
- Tracking and recording appeals, including actions undertaken to resolve them ensuring that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken are done by CEO in format no CA-F-13 and presented in front of Appeal panel.
- On receipt of such an appeal, the CEO, shall advise the Board of Directors and the Experts Committee of the details of the appeal received. The Board of Directors will proceed to constitute an independent Appeals Panel in each case in consultation with the Experts Committee. The Appeals Panel will comprise of a Chairman who will be assisted by two members of the Experts Committee representing the area of technical expertise related to the nature of the appellant's activities under certification. The appellant will have the right to object against the inclusion of any person in the Appeals Panel. All members chosen to form the Appeals Panel shall not have been previously involved in the decision appealed against.VRC International also ensures that the persons engaged in the appeals-handling process are different from those who carried out the audits and made the certification decisions 2.3. The meeting of the Appeal Panel shall be held within 30 days of the receipt of notification from the appellant and the appellant will be provided with at least 7 clear days of written notice of the time and place of the Appeals Panel Meeting. Prior to the meeting of the Appeals Panel the existing decision of VRC International is to remain in force.
- At the Appeals Panel meeting of both the appellant and the appropriate representative from VRC International shall be entitled to be heard in confidence and majority decision of the Appeals Panel shall be final. While taking decision the results of previous similar appeals are taken into account
- The CEO shall ensure that the appellant is advised in writing of the decision of the Appeals Panel within 7 days of the decision. The CEO shall record details of the appeal in the Register of Appeals and implement the decision of the appeals panel, as required. On conclusion of the appeal, the CEO will also review the grounds of appeal and evaluate if any possible improvements to VRC International’s control systems are required. A description of the appeals handling process is available on VRC International website to made it Public ally accessible. VRC International shall give formal notice to the appellant of the end of the appeals-handling process
- VRC International ensures through Appeal Panel that the decision to be communicated to the appellant made by, or reviewed and approved by, individual(s) not previously involved in the subject of the appeal
- The CEO shall ensure that the submission, investigation and decision on Appeals shall not result in any discriminatory actions against the appellant that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken. The VRC International shall give formal notice to the appellant at the end of the appeals handling process.